TeryxForums.net Project Teryx
TeryxForums.net Project Teryx is finally finished!
After a very long and hot summer in the garage, I can say that the TeryxForums.net Project Teryx is finally DONE! With the help of many of the finest manufacturers in the business, I was able to build this vehicle by myself, (save for fabrication, and paint) in about four months time. While it was a total blast, I must say it did have it’s ups and downs, and frustrating moments. When it was finished in early November, we took it out to Buttercup for it’s maiden voyage and were immediately impressed by it’s performance and looks, and relieved to have it done at the same time. After a few quick adjustments here and there, it became one of the nicest vehicles that I have ever had the privilege of driving! The power is amazing, and the suspension is equally as impressive. Having never built a “comfortable” off road toy, this one has all the creature comfort options. I must say, they’re nice to have!
I want to thank all the sponsors of this project, my partner Brian for helping as best he could being across the world in his new home of Australia, and my family for allowing me the necessary time to get it all done! Thanks to UTV OffRoad Magazine for featuring this, and Teryx HQ’s projects. On UTV Offroad’s website you can vote on which one you like best, so please take a moment to check out both builds and follow this link to the voting page. (There you will find a link to TeryxHQ’s build pictures)
Please continue checking in at www.TeryxForums.net for product write-ups, detailed pictures, and reviews on all the parts and services used to build this machine! Be sure to subscribe to UTV Offroad Magazine (if you have not already) and check out the results in the February issue. In that issue, all the build specs, parts, and retail pricing will be listed for each vehicle.
- Magazine Coverage – UTV OffRoad Magazine
- Paint – Trinity Customs!
- Powder Coating – Affordable Powdercoating!
- Vinyl Graphics – “Roll Call” wrap work to include all Project Sponsors! Banners Plus!
- Bumpers, Skid Plates, and Protection items – Xtreme Machine and Fabrication!
- Four seat cage, door skins, roof, and cooler rack – Xtreme Machine and Fab!
- Rear seat mounting device for removable bucket seats – XMF
- Seat lowering plates – SDR Motorsports!
- Restraint system – 3” – four point harness systems desired – front/rear – PRP Seats!
- Billet Mirrors, Latches, and MISC Pieces – Axia Alloys and XMF!
- Lighting – Factory HID replacements – Night Owl HID!
- Lighting – Other HID Options – Baja Designs!
- Custom Steering Wheel and quick release – DragonFire Racing
- Stereo system – SSV Works!
- Intercom System – Rugged Race Radios!
- CDI box – Dynatek!
- Intake system – AFE!
- Jetting options – Weller Racing!
- Exhaust system – Muzzy’s!
- Dyno tuning – Weller Racing!
- Long travel suspension kit – Xtreme Machine and Fabrication!
- Axles for LT kit – Xtreme Machine and Fabrication!
- Shocks for LT kit – Elka Suspension!
- Wheels – 12” standard offset Beadlock wheel desired – OMF!
- Tires – 25” tire desired – Skat Track!
- Cooler – JPCooler!
- Lubricants, Coolants, and Filters – Amsoil!
- Fiber Optic Lighted Whip – Quick-Light!
- Billet Bulkhead Brace w/ LED Plate Mount – Accutronix!
- DTH Rear tow hook, and recovery kit – Double Trouble Hooks!
- FST custom fabricated misc parts – FST!
- Custom dash panel – Induced Fabrication!
Thanks for looking!